Updated May 28, 2017
70th Anniversary Reunion
Pictures from the reunionThe Nighthawk MCAA Squadron invites you to celebrateThe 70th anniversary of Marine Helicopter Squadron OneMay 4 - 6, 2017
Quantico & Fredericksburg, VA
-----Watch this page for more info-----
Throughout the reunion, if you have questions, call:
Thursday May 4th 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- LtCol Steve Johnson: (202) 814-7481
- Steve Taylor: (703) 217-5975
- Ron Berube: (540) 220-1133
Friday May 5th 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Welcome Aboard Mixer
- The Clubs at Quantico
- 3017 Russell Rd., Quantico, VA 22134
- $25.00 per person
- Heavy hors d'oeuvres - Cash Bar - Casual attire
- Parking is available at the club
aboard packets/Name tags will be available when you check in. (Note: Welcome aboard
Packets will be available at each of the events. If you do not attend
the Welcome Aboard Mixer, you can pick up your Welcome Aboard Packet at
the first event you attend).
- Note that the Quantico back gate closes at 2200
Friday May 5th 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Golf Tournament (HMX-1 Sponsored Event)
- Medal of Honor Golf Course MCB Quantico 3313 Fuller Heights Rd. Quantico, VA
- $72.00 per person
0720: Coffee, Juice, Bagels, and Danishes
0800: Introduction and rules for the Scramble
0830: Shot Gun start
1230: Lunch and Awards - Great Prizes for Longest Drive, Closest to the Pin, and Best Team!
- Please contact LtCol Steve Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 April if
you have a list of players for your desired four person team, otherwise
team information will be available on the day of the tournament
of 4/7/2017, we have reached our seating limit for the Evening Parade
at 8th & I. The registration page will no longer take registrations
for 8th & I or for bus transportation to 8th & I. If you would
like to be placed on a standby list, contact Steve Taylor at (703)
217-5975 or email@example.com
Saturday May 6th 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Evening Parade Marine Barracks Washington, DC 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- 8th & I St., SE Washington, DC
- No cost for Evening Parade - but must register on HMX-1 Reunion web page for seating with HMX-1
- Buses will be staged in the parking lot outside the Hilton Garden Inn 1060 Hospitality Ln.
Fredericksburg, VA at 5:30 PM. Buses will be marked: EXPO 1, EXPO 2, EXPO 3, EXPO 4
- Buses will depart at 5:45 PM. Returns to Hilton Garden Inn
is approximately 11:00 PM
- Note that all four buses will be nearly/completely full
- Buses are equipped with rest rooms - Water will be provided
arrival, the group will depart the buses on I St. and walk north on 8th
St. We will be entering Gate 2 as a group. If you become seperated from
our group, let 8th & I personnel know you name and that you
are with the HMX-1 Reunion and you will be directed to your seating.
the conclusion of the Parade, make your way back to the location that
yu diesmbarked the buses and board the same bus that you came on. Once
everyone is aboard, the buses will depart for Frederickburg.
- Round trip bus transportation from Fredericksburg $38.00 per person
- If you are planning on your own transportation to the Evening Parade:
- Your parking is reserved at the Maritime Plaza, 1201 M St. S.E. Washington, DC 20003
- A free shuttle service is provided to and from the Barracks. There are no public parking spaces at the Barracks.
honor your reservation you must arrive at Gate 2 not later than 1945.
Whether you take the bus from Fredericksburg, or your own
transporation, we wil all be entering Gate 2 at 1945.
- At 2000, the general admission gate open and all unclaimed seats will be filled.
- Your ticket ID is 179210 (HMX-1 Reunion) and you will be entering Gate 2.
- Business casual attire
Saturday May 6th 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Squadron Open House (HMX-1 Sponsored Event)
- HMX-1, MCAF Quantico
- No cost - but must register on HMX-1 Reunion registration page
- Casual attire
- A valid driver's license will allow access onto the base.
- Proceed toward the Air Facility along Russell Rd.At the entrance to the Air Facility, you will be directed to parking on the flight line. If anyone in yourparty
needs assistance with transportation from paring to the HMX-1 hangar,
let someone from HMX-1 Security know and they will be able to assist.
- Due to possibility of congested traffic flow it is highly recommended to car pool to the maximum extent possible.
- After parking busses and vans will be available if needed for movement from parking to the hangar.
enter through the security screening area near the hangar with your
name tag on. Registration tables will be located near the screening
area if welcome packets have not beenpreviously picked up.
- Following screening please proceed to hangar 2133 for welcoming comments by the Commanding Officer of HMX-1 at 1130.
items (cash or checks only) will be available for purchase throughout
the open house and aircraft will be available for viewing. A HMX-1
video will alsobe continuously played in the ready room (about a 10 minute run time).
photo’s unless in approved areas (close ups of personnel within hangar
2133 and photos of personnel outside the display aircraftare authorized).
potentially more than 1,000 people coming aboard for open house, the
squadron will be working hard to expedite everyone’s arrival. If
possible arrive early. You will be able to park as early as 1030.
BBQ will begin serving at 1200. If you have paid for BBQ lunch, there
will be a ticket in your welcome aboard packet. Please place it in the
basket as the entrance to the Mission BBQ serving line
- Reunion Dinner
- Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center
- 2371 Carl D. Silver Pkwy, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- $66.00 per person
- Cash bar - Business attire
- Dinner Menu
- Main dish - Choice of:
- Flat Iron Steak topped with bourbon glaze and garnished with caramelized onions
- Jerk Chicken boneless breast marinated in Jamaican jerk seasoning then over roasted and finished with pineapple rum glaze
Butternut squash Ravioli - Butternut squash, herbs and a blend of
cheeses stuffed in pasta and finished with a sherry cream sauce
- Mediterranean Salad
- Seasonal vegetable medley
- Roasted baby potatoes
will be open seating with the exception of the head tables(s).
When you arrive at the Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center for
dinner, you will come by the the check in table where
you will be given place cards. You may go into the dining
hall, select your seats, and place your cards where you'd like to sit.
Then, enjoy the cocktail hour. If you wish to sit with people as a
group, coordinate your arrival and placement of your place cards with
- The program will begin at 1800 with dinner immediately
following. Note that your place card
will have your meal selection on it. Please make your place card visible to the
wait staff as it will help them to quickly serve the correct meals.
- There will be $10.50 per person registration fee charged at the time of registration
- Please wear reunion Name Tags to all events
Update: As of 4/8/2017, all three of the hotels near the Fredericksburg
Expo & Conference Center (Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewodd
Suites) report that they are fully booked for the reunion
weekend. The Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center has avaiability as
- The Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center is located near Central Park at 2371 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- There are numerous hotels in the Quantico, Stafford, Fredericksburg area
- There are three hotels adjacent to the Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center. Note that all three are Hilton properties:
- Phone: 540-548-8822
- Address: 1060 Hospitality Lane, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Room Rates: $119+ for King Beds and $129+ for 2 Queen Beds
- Reservations can be made on line: Click Here to Make Reservations Select dates, room type etc and enter the group code HMX170 into the Group/Convention Code box at the bottom of the page and then follow screen prompts.
special group rate offered for the nights of WED 5/3 through SAT 5/6 is
$119 for King Bed and $129 for 2 Queen Beds plus 11.3% sales tax, per
room per night. Plus 10% off current selling rates for our suites.
those guests wishing to extend their stay, the hotel is offering a
“Weekend Extender Rate” for Sunday Night only. Guests will
receive 25% off the group rate for Sunday, May 7, 2017 only.
- Reservations can also be made by calling 1-877-STAYHGI and mentioning group code HMX170.
- ***Note the last day to make reservations under the group block guaranteeing the group rate is 4/14/2017.
- Check-in is at 3:00 pm and check-out is at 11 am.
- Phone: 540-786-5530
- Address: 1080 Hospitality Lane, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Room Rate: $114.00
- Reservations can be made on line: Click here to make reservations
- Group Name: HMX 70th Reunion
- Group Code: HMX
- Check-in: 4 May 2017
- Check-out: 7 May 2017
Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
- Phone: (703) 441-9001 or (800) HOLIDAY
- Address: 3901 Fettler Park Dr., Dumfries, VA 22026
- Room Rate: $109.00 per night excluding 13% tax
- Click here to book HMX-1 reunion group rate.
- Refer to group name HMX-1 or group code HMX
- Arrival date: Thursday May 4, 2017 Departure date: Sunday May 7, 2017
- Cutoff date: Tuesday April 11, 2017
Colonel Frank Millner Scholarship
Nighthawk MCAA sponsors the Colonel Frank Millner Scholarship for the
benefit of the sons and daughters of currently serving
enlisted members of HMX-1.
- For details see: http://www.nighthawkmcaa.org/scholarship/
anyone desires to make a contribution to the Colonel Millner
Scholarship and receive a commemorative "Cage" brick - you may make a
$50 donation at the web page above and we will have your
commemorative brick available at the reunion.
For further information contact:Steve Taylor(703) 217-5975
Updated: April 28, 2017